Tuesday, October 28, 2014

First Things First



While I was in the Army stationed in Hawaii I discovered the most delicious candy bar ever known to man – the Violet Crumble.  It’s a simple candy bar really, just a bar of honeycomb dipped in chocolate.  It’s light and crisp and as my late Grandmother Mc used to say, it has a “more-ish” taste to it (meaning, I need a little more of that!).  It’s made in Australia and as far as I know the only US state where you can find these little pieces of Heaven is Hawaii.  I left Hawaii in 2001 and I have not had a Violet Crumble since.  Needless to say, my #1 priority upon arriving in Australia was to get my hands on a Violet Crumble.  So I dropped my bags at the hotel, made a bee-line to the closest convenience store which was about 1 block away and purchased 10 of these bad boys, one for everyday I’m in Sydney.  I’ll replenish my supply when I get to Melbourne.  And yes, I’m considering buying a case and having them shipped home.   


No comments:

Post a Comment